In today’s world, the number of businesses is well over 200 million.
90% of them represent Small & Medium Businesses (SMB's).
According to Fundera, 20% of these businesses will fail in the first year of operation, and another 30% will fail in the second year. At the end of the fifth year, half of them will get wiped out of operation.
Do you really think you can withstand the heat of this competition without the touch of business tools and social media automation tools?
While employees are still an indispensable part of the businesses, tools related to business process automation can do more than what you perceive them to do!
This article discussed 30+ tried and tested small business tools that can help you transform your business to the next levels without the risk of getting wiped out.
Go through the article to see these small business tools, their attributes, pricing plans, etc.
1. Google Drive - Personal Cloud Storage & File Sharing Platform
For any business, no matter how small it is, Google Drive is a necessary tool to be maintained. The cloud storage offered by Google ensures secured data preservation and usage from anywhere in the world.
Google Drive offers 15 GB of data storage free, but you need to pay for once choosing to go bigger. Data is the language of today’s business world, and you can’t ignore the impact of big data on your organization. While security breaches and information theft are not rare, Google Drive ensures you store the data safely for further usage. So, it’s a wonderful tool to transform your small business into a large one.
- Team Collaboration & Sharing
- Drag and Drop uploads
- Advanced Search
- Mobile Application with uploading facilities
- Automatic conversion of the uploaded files into Google Docs’ editor format
- Free: 15 GB Storage
- Basic: 100 GB Storage at $1.99 per month
- Standard: 200GB Storage at $2.99 per month
- Premium: 2TB Storage at $9.99 per month
2. Zoom - Communication through Video Conferencing
Video conferencing with the team members and clients is now a common practice, especially after the Covid-19 hit the planet. Zoom can be a good choice if your small business depends on video conferencing now and then.
Zoom is an elegant product that helps you arrange video conferencing with your teammates and clients. You can share your screen, record the video and divide the participants into multiple breakout rooms as per necessity. Arranging webinars with upto 500 participants, social media streaming, and receiving recording transcripts are other amenities you should consider while choosing Zoom as the video conferencing platform for your business. Follow zoom meeting tips and tricks for a better zoom experience
- Creating and Scheduling Meetings
- Live Streaming Meetings or webinars on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook
- Host and Co-Host control during meeting
- Scheduling recurring meeting
- Chatting during meeting
- Basic for personal meeting: Free
- Pro for small teams at $149.90 per license per year
- Business solution for small business at $199.90 per license per year
- Enterprise for large organizations at $240 per license per year
3. Zoho Mail - Secure Email Communication Platform
Businesses need to have a consistent platform for sending and receiving mails form the partners, customers, and clients. Zoho Mail can help you get the job done with zero security concerns in exchange for a little money.
The spam filtering option in Zoho mail is a necessary solution for every business. It offers iOS and android versions to use your mail from the cellphone. Customizing the user experience in such a budget friendly way would be an amazing thing for any small business. Again, Zoho offers 100 GB storage for the professional pricing page subscribers.
- Filters to automate the tiresome work
- Advanced Search option
- Scrub to clean up the inbox quickly
- Folder specific notification
- Global search and scheduling
- Mail Lite at $1 per user per month (Billed annually)
- Mail Premium at $4 per user per month (Billed annually)
- Workplace at $3 per user per month (Billed annually)
4. LiveBoard - Digital Whiteboard For Effective Employee Training
LiveBoard is an online whiteboard that can be used for small business purposes. It allows you to share your ideas and thoughts with others visually and create captivating sales presentations. At first glance, you might associate the LiveBoard with only an educational tool; however, it's widely used by companies worldwide.
On top of that, LiveBoard is an excellent tool for team collaboration. You can use it to brainstorm, collaborate on projects, and even give presentations. It also allows company managers to keep track of their team's progress by sharing boards with each department separately.
- Collaborative board
- Voice Call
- Zoom Integration
- Group & Folder Management
- Export PDF
- Free 0$ per month, includes 1 member per board
- Standard $7.49 per month, 1 member per board + Zoom integration
- Pro $14.99 per month, up to 4 members per board + Standard features
- Advanced $22.49 per month, up to 10 members per board + Pro features
5. ProProfs Survey Maker - Customized Online Survey and Form Maker
ProProfs Survey Maker is the ideal choice for small-scale firms when it comes to conducting surveys for collecting customer feedback. The tools offer 100+ survey templates to help capture real-time insights from your audience.
Using this tool, you can create engaging and customized surveys, forms, polls, and even quizzes. It also has a centralized analytical dashboard where you can see who filled the survey, when and how they filled it, etc.
- 100k+ ready-to-use survey questions
- Integration with popular tools like Zendesk, Salesforce, and WordPress
- Multiple survey sharing options
- Real-time notifications
- Availability of various question types
- Automatic response grading
- Branching and skip logic
- Free: $0/month
- Essentials: $0.05/response/month
- Premium Plan: $0.10/response/month
6. Groupboss - Raining Sales From Your Facebook Group Like a Boss
Groupboss can be the ultimate game-changer for your small business entity. It helps you avoid the menial tasks of copying and pasting the answers from the new Facebook group members within seconds. Groupboss promises to save you valuable time, effort, and money; in return, it helps you grow a long list of leads that can be converted into customers who will generate the revenues for your business.
This fantastic piece of Google Chrome extension requires just a few seconds to be downloaded and installed. You can connect to multiple Facebook groups and get the information of the requesting members once it is set up and operated properly. Integrations with 18 autoresponders such as Moosend, SendGrid, ActiveCampaign, GoHighLevel, etc., help you use those leads for email marketing campaigns. The pricing is very affordable, and the operation with Groupboss is as smooth as you will ever experience!
- Exporting data from both CSV and Excel file
- 1 Click Custom & Lookalike Audience
- Integrations with 18 different autoresponders
- Transfer of data and leads to Google sheet and Groupboss Dashboard
- Exclusive chat support and videoconferencing if needed
- 7-day trial for free
- Groupboss Monthly at $19 per user per month
- Groupboss Yearly at $99 per user per year
- Groupboss Yearly (Unlimited) at $189 per user per year
7. Slack - Instant Team Messaging and Collaboration Platform
Instant communication is part and parcel of a startup or a small business member. Slack is a tool that helps you have your teammates interconnected to run operations smoothly. It is a friendly app that enables the team to share news in shared rooms and go for 1-on-1 communication wherever necessary.
Slack helps you join various productive communities in the pursuit of building networks to thrive together at business. It provides you the amenity of file sharing, audio and video recording, and sending and integrating with some useful software for smoother and faster performance at work. Moreover, the accessibilities, emoji customization, and Dark mode feature made Slack a reliable platform for instant communication for small businesses.
- Access to multiple communities with Unlimited lightweight, voice-first huddles
- Asynchronous collaboration across teams and time zones
- More than 2,400 apps available to integrate with Slack
- Smooth search in conversation to get back to any previous thread
- HIPAA-compliant file collaboration
- Pro at $8 per user per month
- Business+ at $15 per user per month
- Enterprise Grid (Contact Sellers)
8. Ringblaze - Phone System For Teams
Ringblaze specifically aims at small and medium businesses that have a strong need for phone support. It enables your team to interact with customers from all over the world in real time as well as communicate with each other through a shared dashboard. One of its most prominent features is a call us now button that allows customers to call you directly and for free and can be easily implemented on your website or put into your email signature. No additional hardware is needed, you can explore Ringblaze features after just 15 minutes of setup, available both for desktop and mobile.
- Collaboration dashboard
- Custom phone numbers
- Website call widget
- Call recording
- Multiple users with shared call inbox and contacts
- Customized voicemail greeting and hold music/message
- $19 per user/month if billed monthly
- $15 per user/month if billed annually
- A free 7-day trial
9. Crisp - Live Chat & Chatbots for Startups & SMB's
Being a small business, you can’t afford to lose even a single customer who has no easy way to communicate with you or send queries. Crisp is one such platform that helps you give your top-notch customer service within seconds. It is a cloud-based helpdesk platform that can be a direct doorway to your customer’s pain point.
Small businesses can take advantage of Crisp as it is a smart chatbot that is both lightweight and user-friendly. Once subscribed to any of the paid plans, you will be able to reply to your customer’s queries directly to the Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM. Moreover, you will see which country your customer is based on and every other related information.
- Automated Live chat messages
- Shared inbox benefits with related information
- Sending Canned responses (Saved Replies)
- Qualifying and segmenting customers into leads.
- Automating customer relationships by creating ‘tracking’ plans
- Basic: Free forever
- Pro at $25 per user per inbox
- Unlimited at $95 per user per inbox
- Enterprise (Ask the vendors)
10. EasySendy - Email Marketing platform
EasySendy is the most satisfactory option for marketers to send marketing emails and drive better results.
EasySendy is an all-in-one email marketing plugin that allows you to carry all your various marketing channels together and accelerate traffic, a higher conversion rate, and better ROI for online geeks, marketers, small businesses, and startups. In addition, you can easily design email templates for your campaigns.
- Create and embed an email list form
- Create customizable email list pages
- Design email template with drag and drop editor
- Deliver Emails automatically on your Subscriber Anniversary
- Sync your Email Subscribers with Facebook and Get High Email RoI
- Send Next Email Automatically to those who Open & UnOpen Email
- Free:- upto 2000 subscribers for a lifetime
- Basic:- $19/month
- Premium:- $349/ month
11. Apploye - Ultimate Time Tracker for in Office, Mobile & Remote Teams
Tracking the time of the employees working remotely and controlling the workflow by bringing discipline to the overall task management are uphill battles for small businesses. Apploye is a time tracking software that can be used as a remote employee monitoring tool to help you win the battle against both time wastage and unproductivity! It is a handy employee monitoring software with screenshots that helps build a solid organization where every dollar’s value is being realized.
Apploye’s dashboard is unique in performance comparison, live feed update, and productivity management. You will be able to manage multiple tasks under various projects, manage clients and send them invoices, pay your employees as per their work hours and keep records of the employee performance by exporting reports. Moreover, it offers Pomodoro timer, idle time tracking, URL tracking, App usage, and 100+ more features to stay productive at your workplace.
- Automatic timer, Adding manual time, Customized Timesheet view, Clock-in, Clock-out.
- Graphical and Tabular view in Reports, Performance-based comparison.
- Screenshot monitoring, Apps and URL usage, Billable hours calculation.
- Payroll management, Setting employee pay rates, payroll history.
- Intuitive Dashboard, Live feed, Project & member-wise view.
- Solo at $4 per user per month
- Standard at $5 per user per month
- Premium at $6 per user per month
- Elite at $7 per user per month
(50% discount on yearly plan)
12. LeadSquared - Sales CRM and Marketing Automation Suite
LeadSquared is one of the fastest-growing software in the sales CRM category. It provides sales execution and marketing automation solutions for both inside sales and field sales (Mobile CRM).
Unlike many other CRMs out there, LeadSquared is built keeping the sales routine in mind and has everything a salesperson may need in their day-to-day chores. For instance, reminders for follow-ups along with the context of the conversation.
- Complete lead management
- Opportunity management to identify upselling and cross-selling signals.
- Mobile CRM for field sales users that comes with route guidance and geo-fencing
- Ability to access accounts, leads, opportunities, activities, and tasks in one place
- Drag and drop automation workflows
LeadSquared's basic plan starts at $25 per user per month.
13. Mailchimp - Email Marketing and Automation Platform
Running email marketing campaigns to the leads you collect from different platforms helps you win some customers and convert them into your revenue-generating sources. Mailchimp is a great email marketing and automation platform that can transform your small business by fetching valuable customers in the incipient days.
Mailchimp helps you compose customized messages that may include media files and infographics to capture the reader’s interest. The bulk email campaign that you can run with the help of Mailchimp can be based on behavioral analytics and targeting. Again, you can track the conversion rate and see the campaign analytics once it is done.
- Audience Targeting, A-B Testing
- Send time optimization and Behavioral Targeting
- Custom branding and Customer journey builder
- Marketing CRM, forms and Landing pages.
- Integration with more than 300 useful apps and software.
- Free: $4/user/month
- Essential at $11 per month per 500 contacts
- Standard at $17 per month per 500 contacts
- Premium at $299 per month per 500 contacts
14. Receiptmakerly - Best Receipt Maker and Online Receipt Generator
If you are a small business and need to generate frequent receipts, you must need an online receipt generator. Receiptmakerly is an outstanding receipt maker that helps you generate online receipts within a few clicks. Online custom receipts are now commonplace, but you can rely on Receiptmakerly for a smoother generation of customized online receipts. You can download and print the receipts in the process.
With the help of this intelligent app, you will be able to generate Amazon-style receipts, Lyft-style receipts, Walmart-style receipts, Uber-style receipts and more. Three steps yield receipts with the touch of Receiptmakerly. Choose a stylish receipt template. Change logo, fonts, text, bill amount, taxes, and other features to personalize the receipt. Save the receipt after that. The receipt is downloadable and printable, and you can send it via email.
- Generic Simple Receipts with Sales Receipts templates
- Receipts are downloadable and printable
- Customized fonts with no watermark
- 50+ pre-made templates
- Access to all major currencies around the world
- Weekly at $4.90
- Monthly at $8.90
- Yearly at $47
15. Mailbutler.io – Email Productivity for Outlook, Apple Mail and Gmail
Mailbutler is designed for freelancers, team leaders, and professionals of all kinds, Mailbutler offers a full suite of tools to make your inbox smarter.
How Does Features in Mailbutler work?
Mailbutler’s features are added directly into your native inbox application, providing additional functionality. Offering everything from Send Later and Undo Send, to Optimized Scheduling, Email Tracking, and even an inbuilt CRM option.
Mailbutler makes progress tracking easier while also providing team members with numerous key features, which are:
- Email Tracking
- Send Later
- Notes & Tasks
- Follow-Up Reminders
- Contacts Management
- Email Templates
- Email Signatures
- Much More…
- Essential – Free plan
- Professional at $9.95 per user per month
- Professional+ at $15.95 per user per month
- Business at $37.95 per user per month
(There is a 14 day Free Trial (to try all the features), and if you pay yearly you have 16% savings.)
16. Chisel - #1 Agile Product Management Software
Chisel is a product management startup. It caters to product managers' needs to manage and align the team whenever required. Chisel is your all-in-one solution for product management.
With Chisel, your product managers duties such as prioritization, team alignment, and customer feedback are taken care of. Try Chisel's free version today!
- Timeline view
- Prioritization Matrix
- Customer Feedback
- Team Alignment
- Product Roadmap
- Kanban Board
- Jira integration
- Essential: $0
- Premium: $79
17. Vmaker - Best Screen Recorder for Video Making
Vmaker is an easy-to-use screen recorder and video editing software. You can record Screen, Webcam, or both to create different types of videos for your business.
With Vmaker, you can create screen recording videos, product demo videos, video presentations, training videos, tutorial videos, video resume, and more. Also, you can use Vmaker to record online meetings, youtube videos, gameplay, and more.
- Record screen & webcam with audio
- Record videos up to 4K Ultra HD
- No watermark
- In-built video editor
- Virtual Background for Webcam Overlay
- Team Collaboration
- Advanced Security
- Lite: $0
- Starter: $7
- Teams: $10
- Enterprise: Contact for pricing
18. Fyle - AI-Powered Spend Management Software
Fyle is a spend management software that enables you to take control of organization-wide business expenses. It automates your expense management process from end-to-end while also creating an efficient expense reporting system that can scale as your organization grows.
Fyle’s recently launched a real-time spend management solution for SMB cards in the U.S starting with Visa. This makes Fyle the first spend management solution to offer direct transaction feeds to the user of any Visa powered credit card from any bank. Any SMB or mid market company can now access software without changing their cards.
- Direct transaction feeds for Visa cards (Mastercard coming in soon)
- Seamless expense tracking for employees
- Automated compliance for approvers
- Self-serve integrations with prominent accounting software
- Standard - $4.99 / active user per month, billed annually
- Business - $8.99 / active user per month, billed annually
19. BrandCrowd - Free Logo Maker
All successful businesses have one thing in common - attractive and recognizable logos. However, creating a quality logo is not as simple as it sounds, especially if you don’t have experience in designing. Additionally, if you’re just starting your business, you may not have the means to hire a graphic designer.
- Free Logo Maker
- Business Card Maker
- Facebook and YouTube Cover Maker
- Facebook and Instagram Post Maker
- Email SIgnature Maker
- All Features: $0
20. Zonka Feedback - Online Survey Feedback Tool
Zonka Feedback is a real-time insight feedback solution. You can create customized feedback surveys that provide real-time insights with Zonka Feedback. Measuring NPS, CSAT, and CES scores has never been simpler. With integrations such as Slack, Mailchimp, Salesforce, and others, you can also create custom surveys and distribute them via email, SMS, kiosk, or offline.
- Embed questions in surveys, allowing customers to respond within the email.
- Share web survey links via email, SMS, Social Media, print it on your signature and more.
- No WiFi is no problem! Take feedback without WiFi and sync it later.
- Hide and Skip Survey Screens based on logic and make surveys intuitive.
- 40+ ready-to-use templates for all industries, metrics like NPS & CES 2.0.
- Get out-of-the-box integrations.
- Free plan for 15 days.
- Essential plan $24/month.
- Starter plan $44/month.
- Professional plan $79/month.
- Growth plan $129/month.
- Enterprise plan $629/month.
21. Hostinger - Comprehensive Web Hosting Solution
Your site’s speed and reliability depend on your chosen web hosting provider. Hostinger offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee that ensures your site’s availability at all times. At $2.99/month, Hostinger’s Premium Shared Hosting plan includes a free domain, free SSL, and unlimited bandwidth – which is an excellent choice for small business owners. Once your business starts showing significant traffic growth, you can easily upgrade your hosting plan at any time.
Hostinger has its own control panel – the hPanel. It features an intuitive and minimalist design that allows you to manage your file manager, monitor bandwidth, or install WordPress easily and quickly. What’s more, Hostinger offers a 24/7 support team that will help resolve any concerns or issues related to your website or hosting account.
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
- Intuitive hPanel dashboard
- One-Click WordPress Installation
- Free SSL
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Single Shared Hosting: 50 GB Storage with 100 GB Bandwidth at $1.99 per month
- Premium Shared Hosting: 100 GB Storage with Unlimited Bandwidth at $2.99 per month
- Business Shared Hosting: 200 GB Storage with Unlimited Bandwidth at $4.99 per month
- Cloud Hosting starts at $9.99 per month
- WordPress Hosting starts at $1.99 per month
22. Newoldstamp - Email Signature Generator
Email signature marketing can become the driving force behind your business growth by leveling up your emails and helping you to generate quality leads. Solutions like Newoldstamp will provide you with the possibility to engage your audience with every email you send out. Newoldstamp is a leading email signature management platform that comes with advanced signature design options, automated integrations, and the ability to track the performance of different CTAs and banner campaigns, making it ideal for enterprise and medium-sized companies.
This tool offers integrations with Google Workspace (Formerly G Suite), Exchange, and Microsoft 365, so you can easily integrate it with your email client and distribute email signatures across the whole company. Newoldstamp enables businesses to drive extra traffic to their websites or landing pages, upsell products and announce online and offline events by including clickable links, eye-catching banners with CTAs, and interactive buttons in email communication.
- Email signature marketing campaigns;
- Email signatures central management;
- Google Workspace (Formerly G Suite), Exchange, and Microsoft 365 integration;
- Built-in email signature analytics;
- Wide range of applications like Marketplaces, CTAs, social media buttons, disclaimers, and more.
- Newoldstamp comes with a 7–day free trial.
- Branding plan – $7 per month (billed yearly).
- Marketing plan – $9 per month (billed yearly).
23. FreshBooks - Accounting Software Built for Business Owners and Accountants
FreshBooks is powerful and intuitive accounting software that makes it easy for small businesses to keep track of their finances. With its user-friendly interface, streamlined workflows, and advanced features like automated invoicing, expense tracking, and time-saving reporting tools, Freshbooks allows you to easily manage your books while freeing up more time to focus on growing your business.
Freshbooks has the features and flexibility you need to take your finances to the next level, whether you're just starting out or are an established small business.
You can also download free accounting templates, invoicing templates, balance sheet templates, etc., to easily manage your finances.
- User-friendly interface.
- Streamlined workflows
- Automated invoicing
- Expense tracking
- Time-saving reporting tools
- Flexible and scalable plans
- Free Trial - Available
- Basic - $15/month
- Plus - $25/month
- Premium - $50/month
To be continued……………..