Recently, Facebook groups turned into a place where your business can boom. Group owners are leveraging the features of Facebook groups to expand beyond their horizons. However, many are still confused regarding some of the most basic settings of Facebook groups, such as changing a Facebook group name. This article will discuss how you can change your Facebook group name using your computer or mobile phone.
But, before that, let's learn why having a Facebook group is important and the reasons to change the Facebook group name.
How much a Facebook Group worth?
Facebook groups are not merely a place for social collaboration anymore. If you closely followed the trend, you could probably remember the Contribution of Facebook groups during the pandemic.
Having a Facebook group for your business is a strategic advantage because it enables you to promote your brand almost out of cost and the benefits of Facebook groups are enormous. But the reasons for creating a Facebook group don’t really end there as it-
- Helps you to grow your network in various dimensions.
- Enables you to experiment with your product and test the market for the perfect product-market fit.
- Allows you to create a brand family where your customers may promote your product by generating word of mouth.
- Brings together the people of the homogeneous choices who can collectively generate ideas for your venture.
- Helps you to collect leads whom you can turn into your customers with the touch of a tiny endeavor. Do you want to know how? Then continue reading!
Facebook Group as a Lead Generation Machine
Multiple ways are there to collect leads from Facebook. However, that’s not the important thing.
The striking fact is that Facebook group automation software like Groupboss can help you collect leads with just a few clicks. This small piece of Google Chrome extension can be a game-changing decision for your business. Groupboss helps you eliminate the menial task of manual copy-pasting and collect the leads for your business with surgical precision.
You can also collect unlimited leads from Facebook groups via Email with opt-in forms, using a Facebook group cover image, or simply adding a call-to-action button in the Facebook group description. But, again, for unlimited lead collection, using Groupboss is second to none of these tactics.
Why do you need to change the Facebook Group name?
Now, come to the main point! Why should you change the name of your Facebook group?
Simply- you just felt the necessity to change the name, that’s it, right? Maybe no! There might be a plethora of necessities. A few of them are shown below:
- You still have the option to change your mind: Now, why did I say that in the first place? Because Facebook won’t allow you to change the name of your group once you have more than 5000 members. So, if you are yet to hit that 5000-member threshold, you can try changing the name of your Facebook group. But what if you did hit that? No problem, you can still proceed with this article because you might create another Facebook group for your business expansion.
- The Trend is progressively varying: The talks were limited and discrete in some sense when it was a little community. However, once the community became colossal, then the trend of the group discussion would change in different directions. So, if you find that your group is now serving a different purpose which might be helpful for your business as it may extend its prospects down to the line, you may want to change the name.
- You need to change the Group URL: Now, that’s the common reason why people change their Facebook group names. If your group is relatively young, you probably want people to be able to locate it through straightforward search phrases rather than through lengthy URLs.
Facebook Group name change using your computer
Go through the steps below if you want to change the name of your Facebook group using your computer.
Step-1: Click Groups in the left menu and choose your group from your Feed. Look through the menu to locate the 'Communities' option if you don't see the 'Groups' option. If you can't find the groups right away, click See more. Select your group right away.
Step-2: In the left menu, click Group settings.
Step-3: Click on the ‘edit’ button next to the Name and description.
Step-4: Choose the most suitable name for your Facebook group and click save to confirm the change. You may additionally write a description or edit the previously written description as a Facebook group description tells the newcomers how it serves the purposes.
That’s how you can change your Facebook group name via your Desktop.
Facebook Group name change using your mobile phone
Here are the steps you should follow if you want to change the Fb group name with the help of a mobile device. The steps are almost the same for Android or iPhone users.
Step-1: Firstly go to your Facebook group and tap on the ‘one star marked shield’
Step-2: Now, tap the Group settings.
Step-3: Tap the ‘Name and description’ option.
Step-4: Tap Save in the top right after changing the group name
Activities you should focus on after Facebook group name Change
So, you are done with changing the name of your group! It’s a new name that hopefully adds a new bow to your quiver.
But that is not the end of the world! Focus on the processes and activities below to make your group super successful.
- Changing the name is a small step in rebranding your business. It would be best if you learned everything regarding Facebook Group Insights to stand out.
- Welcoming new members is a new trend in Facebook groups, and you should be considering creating a welcome post in your Facebook group.
- Considering the time zone of the people in your group, you may schedule Facebook group posts. This shows how you provide equal value to all members.
- You might have a Facebook page, so don't forget to link your Facebook group with your Facebook page.
- Lastly, you can pin a post in a Facebook group to gain everyone's attention on a certain issue. It helps capture people's attention in the first place and is an excellent way to communicate your Facebook group rules.
Changing the name of a Facebook group is as easy as you see throughout the article. The group name may not be changed more than once every 28 days. Select the name that suits your brand the best and ensure the audiences don’t face hard times searching for you on Facebook.