A Facebook group can be a game changer for your business if you choose to leverage it wisely. Nowadays, many businesses determine the costless way to grow Facebook group instead of going for traditional marketing processes and start transacting through them. While you may have various reasons to open a Facebook group, when thinking of growing or monetizing your Facebook group, you must intend to do something that pays you off decisively.
If you want to grow Facebook group for your business, go through this article and have no idea how to initiate the entire process.
9 strategies to grow a Facebook group
Growing a Facebook has never been so crucial as it is for now! Learning how to grow Facebook group is half the work done. Follow the ten steps below to take your game ahead with the Facebook group in the heat of the competition.
Step #1 Know your purpose of the Facebook group
Asking a few questions yourself before creating a Facebook group is very important. Ask yourself- why do you need a Facebook group? What is your niche? What type of Facebook group you want? Can you serve the purpose of your business without a Facebook group? Are you motivated to someday grow Facebook group to a five-digit member rich?
If you feel the extreme necessity to keep up with your business with the touch of a Facebook group, then don’t wait. Restrengthen your purpose using the right Facebook group and propagate your vision through the audience.
Step #2 Inform the current audience
You may already have a significant audience base if you are an established brand. So, after realizing the purpose of opening a Facebook group, you should be informed that established audience base about your newly opened Facebook group.
These audiences might be your web visitor, your YouTube channel subscribers, your potential business leads, or may simply be fans of your brand. Informing them about your Facebook group and inviting them to join would be a good idea to get the initial traffic to your group, which can be expedited further.
Step #3 Build up the correct type of Facebook group
If you have already realized the purpose of opening a Facebook group from the first step of this strategy, then you should prepare to build the right community for yourself.
Think about who is joining your group and what could be on the agenda. You have to consider the group's privacy, too, as it might be public based on many aspects, or it can be a secret group aligning to your plan. This step is vital as it is the cornerstone decision point of how you will keep things flowing in the near future and how you can use Facebook for Marketing purpose of your brand.
Step #4 Define reason to be a part of your community
Do you think the reasons why your previous audiences or the new ones want to join your community are compelling enough? Do you believe it excites them when they think they are part of the brand you’ve been creating for years?
So, resonate with them well. Keep the about section furnished and aligned to the goal that you have chosen for your brand. Incentivize the newcomers and let them know how they will benefit from the group you will be running from now. You will bring like-minded people together, so help them find the reasons to join the group in every activity and conversation you will generate. Lastly, be honest to them and don’t give false hope. They will come if you are honest with your goal, and it aligns with their motives.
Step #5 Post quality contents
When it comes to content, you have to be super-choosy. Your fastidiousness in choosing the suitable types of content will be a crucial game for the group you want to see rising higher with time.
So, choose what types of content are beneficial to the community and how the audiences will align your content to your brand. You can experiment with content to see the metrics for each experimenting content. The originality of the content is a must, so is keeping an eye on the engagement that the content is generating. Don’t allow or publish contents that induce violence. Contents should be informative, fun, harmonious, and valuable to the audience at all costs.
Step #6 Regularly engage your audience
Group engagement would be inevitable if you regularly create content, share that in your group, and allow the correct type of content. However, sometimes, you must be proactive in generating engagement in your group.
To do so, choose the optimal time of the day for posting. Timing is essential, especially when you have an audience of the same territory or timezone. Take advantage of scheduled posts and find out previous posts where you want to engage the audience in any particular event. Be punctual at replying to the comments and allowing the group members to post appropriately. That’s how you can generate engagement for your group.
Step #7 Generate word of mouth
Think about any major purchase you had in the last few days. What induced you to buy that particular product? Chances are that you have been craving that for a long time, you have seen that online and made an instant decision to buy, or your friend circle or family members suggested that product when you were searching for that.
The last point is pervasive amongst us as word-of-mouth marketing does the trick for many companies, and that’s why they are focusing on generating that on a large scale. So, if you are wondering how to grow a Facebook group, this step will be significant for you. If your product is good enough for the customers, they will do the promotion for you.
Step #8 Use the Facebook Live and Watch Party feature of Facebook
You already know that video is the most engaging content on Facebook, and live streaming through Facebook groups can be game-changing for your business.
The more live sessions you stream in your group, the more buzz it will create for your brand. Nowadays, people are more inclined to video streaming than posting photos or writing long statuses. Video is now literally the official language of Facebook, and you can work it for yourself and your group. So, prefer Facebook live too long text-based status or uploading photos and create more buzz for your group. You will get more traction, and your Facebook group’s growth will surely be enhanced.
Step #9 Link your Facebook Group to other channels.
Now that you have created an excellent platform to stay ahead of the competition through your Facebook group, it's time to link your Facebook group to the media that matters to you the most.
You might maintain a Facebook page for your business and a website. Link your Facebook group to these platforms and invite the people to join the group. That's how you may instigate lead generation for your business in this process. Other than these platforms, you might maintain an Instagram handle, YouTube channel, or LinkedIn profile for your business. Link your group there, too, and see how the group growth expedites further.
Dos and Don’ts of growing a Facebook Group
Following are the do’s and don’ts that you should prioritize to grow your Facebook group without major setbacks.
- Create Welcome Post for the newcomers: Creating welcome posts to welcome new members to the group is a popular trend on Facebook. Follow the trend and welcome the members to your group, appreciating their interest in your brand.
- Set concrete Rules and keep members aligned to them: Rules are rules, and you mean that when you set any rule for your group. Inform all the requesting members about the rules and take the oath about adherence to the rules you have selected. Pin a post if necessary that describes all the rules so that members get to see them when they enter the group. Furthermore, your Facebook group description should highlight the rules.
- Link your Facebook group to your Facebook Page: As mentioned in the last step of the strategy to grow the Facebook group, we again insist you link your group to your page and note that it's necessary. Your Facebook page can join the group as well.
- Celebrate together and share happy feelings: Whenever there is an occasion to celebrate or a fest to share the happy feelings with the folks, don’t be late to turn your party mode on! Celebrate together, appreciate people’s contributions, and see how your brand's reputation gets heightened.
- Ask questions to the members: This is another good tactic to start an instant engagement in the group. Put questions to the members about a product or service or an idea you want to execute. Ask them for their suggestions and make them feel that they are a part of your family. And don’t forget to reply to them fast enough to let them feel that their suggestions are valuable, as we have mentioned in step 6.
- Allow Potential Spammers: Allowing the potential spammers to your group is sabotage. Before allowing someone to join, see their profile and screen them well. It's normal to discover many spammers afterward. Remove the spammers and keep the threads free from threats.
- Add irrelevant people: Adding the people who are irrelevant to your business is unnecessary. If you are a Philippine-based luxury product manufacturer who doesn’t own any offshore operation, you need not add a random Nordic guy to your group. Adding unnecessary people doesn’t benefit your group and your brand.
- Break the theme of the group: Posting something irrelevant or off-break might be fun. That's cool for a few times. But, don't post something too often that breaks your group's theme and goes against your brand's norm.
- Make the members wait for their posts to go Live: Whenever people post something to any group to seek help or answer any particular question, they want a quick response. So, if you find that the post wants legit attention or doesn’t contain any spammy elements, don’t make them wait. Let the post go live as soon as you finish screening.
- Advertise too much: Advertising your brand in a very ostentatious manner frequently can act as a boomerang. Offering discount codes more often and promoting too much will make you a spammer, while your duty is to prevent spamming! So, act sensibly with your brand.
If you follow the ten steps mentioned above and keep your eyes on the Do’s and Don’ts, you will be right on the money to grow your Facebook group in no time. So, follow them properly, see how your group proliferates and strengthen your brand reputation.